Wednesday, September 22, 2010

NE Learning #40 - Sept. Aviary and Pixlr

 
original picture taken at Cabela's
School mascot is a bobcat.  I started with this image at Pixir.com and transformed into the following:
On this image I used the Hope filter.







On this image, I used the
Art poster filter- settings:  amount 126  color 283

This is my favorite.  I used the
Kaleidoscope filter  size: 47  Horizonal: 12  Vertical: 50
When I worked on the Aviary.com site I did have some issues exporting the images, kept getting error messages. I took a screen shot of them and saved in Preview. 
I used this image of our school that I shot several years ago and use as a desktop on the school computers. I do like the fact that you can use basic keystrokes to cut, copy, paste, undo, etc. 

Filter: Pointinize



Filter Metal glow

Filter: Erode

Peacock Filter  : 
Effects: canny


Effects: Quilted

Effects: Spiral

At first it is hard to get the hang of getting the two boxes connected.  It certainly is different.  Gives more effects than some programs.  Can spend a lot of time exploring this site.

I liked the Pixir website better.  I can see using this with my students since I didn't run into problems exporting.  Aviary does give you give more options, but is a little more complicated. Students could create an altered picture and then use it to create posters, write a story, or use as part of a project.

1 comment:

Allana said...

These are great manipulated images. I like the picture of the school with Canny effect. The school has a lot of architectural features and it creates great lines. If you deiced to use Aviary with the students you’ll have to blog about the experience. I’d be interested in knowing what they students thought of the experience.