Thursday, December 29, 2011

Learning 2.0 Thing #50 TED

For Thing #50, we are to check out the videos at Technology, Entertainment, Design (TED.org).
This was a fun assignment as I don't always get a chance to watch videos very often.  It gave me a chance to check out this site and find out what is available.

I checked out several videos. One of the TEDTalk videos that I watched was by Thomas Suarez: A 12-year-old app developer. 
 
He has a great point about where do you go to learn how to program/create games/apps.  It is inspiring to see a young student getting involved and creating programs, and wanting to see other students learn from his experiences. 


Another video I chose to talk about is Graham Hill: Less stuff, more happiness.




I certainly agree that we should be simplifying our life. Get rid of things that we are not using and help someone else that could use the items. Why spend so much time  I have had a terrible dream that I have outlived most of my family and I'm left having to deal with everyone else's stuff.


A very funny and informative video was by David Pogue on Cool Phone Tricks. I always like to listen to his incites about technology.  It is rather lengthy and parts will be outdated as it was done in 2008.




I plan to check out some more of David Pogue's videos!

1 comment:

Michael Sauers said...

Thanks! Yet another person who's posted all videos I've not yet seen. Just watched the Pogue one and yeah, it's funny how dated it feels after just three years.